AN AUDETTE COLLECTION EXCLUSIVE
Porsche 911 SWB Turn Signal & Taillight Originals
It's difficult to find first class original SWB turn signals and taillights. There is very NOS to be found and very few 50+ year old originals are of a suitable condition to mount on a car. There have been reproductions made but in our opinion none of them measure up to the authenticity and quality of fully restored originals.
SWB Turn Signal & Taillight Restoration
The process starts with good quality original housings as cores. You can send us your good cores or we can provide cores from our extensive inventory.
SWB signal light restoration is PhD level work for a restoration shop as they are very difficult to restore. The housings are made of poor quality pot medal making it difficult to re-chrome the trim edges without ruining the rest of the housing. The original reflectors inside the housing have to be removed, re-plated (two different plating shops) and fitment of replacement lenses (the availability of quality lenses is constantly changing) is often tricky.
AC Best-in-Class Restoration®
We have solved the various issues over the past 15 years and we believe that our SW turn signal and taillight restorations are second to none, a service that we’re proud to offer.
- Housings – Original solid Porsche housings are used.
- Housing exterior – Bead blasted. The exposed trim is triple chrome plated to a high standard.
- Housing interior – Paint with a very high reflectivity rating is applied to the interior of the housings.
- Interior reflectors - Metal reflectors are removed and chrome plated and replaced in the housings with rivets.
- Lenses – Premium high quality lenses from our Italian manufacturer
- Bulb holders – New or reconditioned original bulb holders.
- New bulbs using Fresnel #111 High Performance Bulb Kit, illumination increased by 45%
- Correct new M4 lens mounting screws using Type 316 stainless steel
- Correct new M5 assembly mounting screws using Type 316 stainless steel
Project time 8-10 weeks.