These are the most sought after headlights used on early Porsches. The factory used them on the 911R, the 911ST and the 911RSR. These are the real deal,and they have been professionally restored to perfect, concours level condition.
Status: These have completed the first phase of the restoration process, copper and nickel plating, and are at the shop that does the vapor deposited aluminum process. Delivery is anticipated to be 3-4 weeks.
- Reflectors – stripped, copper plated, nickel plated, polished, followed by vapor deposited aluminum plating and a protective silica layer – Why aluminum?
- Housings – media blasted and powder coated
- Outer Lenses – new with correct Hella lettering
- Lens Gaskets – new
- Chrome Trim Rings – new or re-chromed originals depending on availability
- Adjustment Screws – new high grade stainless steel with nyloc nuts for easy removal
- Fender Mounting Screws
- Fender Mounting Gaskets – new
- Bulbs – new high performance H1 bulbs
- Bench Tested
Authentic Cibié Bi-Iodes are getting very hard to find as comparatively few were made and prices of genuine ones are rapidly rising. These are one of the finest upgrades that you can install on an air cooled Porsche. They're like the fine jewelry on any 911 build, a crowning touch and a conversation starter. And the crowning jewels on every R, ST and RSR build.
Recent Cibié 170mm Bi-Iode Sales History
- 2/12/21 - Restored set sold for $3,200.00
- 11/9/21 - Restored set sold for $3,200.00
- 4/21/22 - Restored set sold for $3,200.00
- 8/01/22 - Restored set sold for $3,500.00
- 11/10/22 - This set (NOS) sold for $3,500.00
- 8/31/23 - Restored set sold for $3,500.00
Cibié Bi-Iodes perform brilliantly with the new GE Megalight Ultra +120 high performance H1 bulbs.