Bosch H4's were introduced in late 1972. The H4 bulb had two filaments which enabled the headlight to contain only one bulb and thus one reflector, unlike the H1's. H4's became an immediate favorite and were used by the Porsche for all of their rest of world (RoW) cars until the 993 that was introduced in 1993.
Restoration includes the following steps:
- Reflectors – stripped, copper plated, nickel plated, polished, followed by vapor deposited aluminum plating, silica layer – Why aluminum?
- Housings – media blasted and powder coated
- Lenses – new with correct Bosch lettering
- GE Nighthawk 9003 +120% bulbs
- Lens Gaskets – new
- Chrome Trim Rings – new**
- Adjustment Screws – mounted with nylon lock nuts for easy removal
- Fender Mounting Screws
- Fender Mounting Gasket
** New trim rings are chromed plated steel. Original trim rings are chrome plated brass. If you prefer to have your original trim rings replated there is a $100.00 extra fee.
These are exceptionally bright with the high performance GE (Tungsram) H4 Megalight Ultra +120% or GE Nighthawk 9003 +120% bulbs.