AN AUDETTE COLLECTION EXCLUSIVE
SWB signal light restoration is PhD level work for a restoration shop as they are very difficult to restore. The housings are made of poor quality pot medal making it difficult to rechrome the trim edges without ruining the rest of the housing. The original reflectors inside the housing have to be removed, replated (two different plating shops) and fitment of replacement lenses (the availability of quality lenses is constantly changing) is often tricky.
We have solved the various issues over the past 10 years and we believe that our SW turn signal taillight restorations are second to none, a service that we’re proud to offer.
- Housings – Original solid Porsche turn signal housings are used.
- Housing exterior – Bead blasted. The exposed trim is triple chrome plated to a high standard.
- Housing interior – Paint with a very high reflectivity rating is applied to the interior of the housings.
- Interior reflectors - Reflectors are removed and chrome plated and replaced with rivets.
- Lenses – Premium high quality lenses from our Italian manufacturer
- Bulb holders – New or reconditioned original bulb holders.
- New bulbs using Fresnel #111 High Performance Bulb Kit, illumination increased by 45%
- Correct new mounting screws using Type 316 Stainless Steel.
Project time 5-8 weeks.